EDMUNDSTON, New Brunswick – Now that the regular season is over, the Edmundston Blizzard organization held its first Awards ceremony on Monday night at the Édupôle room of the Université de Moncton, campus d’Edmundston (UMCE), to recognize its most deserving players.
Forward Alexandre Jacob won both trophies awarded to the most valuable player of the season, the one voted by the players and the one determined by the team staff. Defenseman Alex Lavoie also won two awards, the Édupôle Cup given to the student player of the year according to the selection of student player of the month, as well as the 4th star – unsung hero trophy.
Here is the list of all the winner of the evening, which gathered , in addition to the 22 players and coaching staff of the team, the shareholders, the volunteer members of the various committees, the billet families and the trophies’ sponsors.
– Coupe Jessome’s La Source du sport/Sports experts Cup (joueur par excellence/outstanding player) : KYLE WARD (trophy sponsored by Jessome’s La Source du sport and Sports Experts)
– Coupe Édupôle Cup (joueur-étudiant de l’année/student player of the year) : ALEX LAVOIE (trophy sponsored by the Edupôle partners)
– Meilleur esprit sportif/Best sportsmanship : SAMUEL BASTILLE (trophy sponsored by Alliance Realty)
– 4e étoile – héros obscur/4th star – unsung hero : ALEX LAVOIE (trophy sponsored by Immeubles Riviera Real Estate)
– Meilleur défenseur/Best defenseman : ALEXANDRE BERNIER (trophy sponsored by Assurance Tweedie, Brunswick, Levesque and Wawanesa)
– Meilleur pointeur/Leading scorer : LOGAN JOHNSTON (trophy sponsored by Madawaska Timer Resources)
– Joueur le plus amélioré/Player most improved : MAXIME GRANDMAISON (trophy sponsored by Edmundston Honda)
– Recrue de l’année/Rookie of the year : LIAM LEONARD (trophy sponsored by Solutions assurances 360)
– Meilleur leadership – implication communautaire/Best leadership – community involvement : FRANCIS ASSELIN (trophy sponsored by Jessome’s La Source du sport)
– Joueur le plus utile choisi par les joueurs/Most valuable player selected by the players : ALEXANDRE JACOB (trophy sponsored by Enseignes Pattison Sign Group)
– Joueur le plus utile/Most valuable player : ALEXANDRE JACOB (trophy sponsored by Best Western Plus Edmundston).
The Edmundston team is now preparing for the first round of the playoffs which will begin the upcoming weekend.
The Blizzard organization would like to thank those who contributed to the first Award Ceremony: trophies sponsors, Artable, Sono clefs and the support and technical staff of the Université de Moncton, campus d’Edmundston.
Meanwhile, Blizzard president André Lebel has unveiled the new slogan which will serve as a rallying cry for players during the playoffs. The slogan is “Let’s make history together! ”
– 30 –
Contact: Hugues Chiasson, vice-president communications – The Edmundston Blizzard; (506) 740-0623 – cell phone